Northern Streams, in its ninth year is featuring:
• FUNI - Bára Grímsdóttir and Chris Foster, singers and multi-instrumentalists from Iceland
• Singer, Kim André Rysstad and hardanger fiddler, Lajla Buer Storli from Norway
• Jens Ulvsand, bouzouki player from Sweden and singer Jullie Hjetland from Denmark
• Daniel Reid (formerly Carlsson) on saxophone from Sweden and fiddler, Emma Reid - originally from Britain, who now lives in Sweden
• Rannveig Djønne, accordionist and singer/ fiddler/guitarist, Annlaug Borsheim from Norway
• Singers, Karin Ericsson Back and Maria Misgeld from Sweden
We have concerts, workhops for adults and children, and a Sunday afternoon singaround taking place at the Scottish Storytelling Centre on the Royal Mile (Saturday) and The Pleasance Complex (Friday and Sunday). Why not buy a weekend ticket for the best value of 3 concerts and 4 workshops (only £39/£29 available through the Ceilidh Culture Box Office).
We hope to see you at some point over the weekend! You can buy tickets from the Ceilidh Culture (Usher Hall) Box Office and The Scottish Storytelling Centre.
Further details are on our website www.northernstreams.org including videos of the performers - click on the logo to the right of this post.
First concert - Songs of Ice and Fire is 7.30pm tomorrow (Friday night) at the Pleasance, 7.30pm. If you need to call us it's 0795 191 8366 / 0786 661 1954.
Plus check out the details of the ‘bonus concert’ on Sunday evening at www.northernstreams.org - please note this is not covered by our weekend ticket deal.